Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Five Favorites: best current styles



1. Polka Dots and Stripes


I'm so glad we can mix (some) prints now. Personally I think polka dots on their own make me look like a little girl, but paired with stripes they look more sophisticated. 


2. Faux-Leather Skirts 



And shirts, dresses, blazers.... The leather makes this otherwise blah black pencil skirt look sexy. 


3. Peplum jackets 


Now, I don't like all the peplum I see. Everyone in DC is wearing it, and sometimes it's a little too much. This jacket has just enough oomph, but it curves downward instead of just out. You don't want to look like there's a flying saucer around your hips. 


4. Lace-overlay dresses 


It's not just for weddings anymore! I just adore this look - it's so feminine and classy. Most of the ones I like have a thick cotton lace so it looks nice but casual. It was a great summer look. 


5. Vintage Lace-Up Shoes 

Don't they make you feel like a 1930s movie star? 


Thanks for hosting Hallie!




No comments:

Post a Comment