Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Authenticity?

If you're like me (God help you), you freak out constantly, wondering what people are thinking.

Here's the secret: no one gives a shit. The coffee stain on your shirt? No one will notice because they're all too busy hiding that mustard stain on their pants. I mean, unless you just poured it all over yourself, and then we'll have a good laugh at your expense.

The person with an earpiece saying hello on the bus? Not talking to you. The surly barista at Starbucks? Not mad at you, just having a bad day.

So don't do anything outrageously stupid like posting naked pictures on the internet, and get over yourself. It's not about me, and it's not about you.

I got so into reading Catholic blogs that I decided that my life was meaningless because I'm not popping out babies right now. I work at an office, and my husband is a student. And that's OK - we're not all alike, and sometimes I'm going to cuss (OK, I cuss a lot). No need to fret.











No comments:

Post a Comment